Posted by Renee on 14 October 2017 with 0 Comments
Posted by Renee on 17 September 2017 with 0 Comments
I’ve added screencaptures from three guest appearances Kat made back in the early/mid 00s – CSI, CSI NY and Less Than Perfect.
- TELEVISION SERIES > 2003 – LESS THAN PERFECT > 2X10 – THE GIRL NEXT DOOR (CAPTURES)
- TELEVISION SERIES > 2004 – CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION > 4X15 – EARLY ROLLOUT (CAPTURES)
- TELEVISION SERIES > 2005 – CSI: NY > 2X07 – MANHATTAN MANHUNT (CAPTURES)
Posted by Renee on 13 September 2017 with 0 Comments
In the new trailer for Nick Kroll’s new animated Netflix series Big Mouth, the average American family is introduced to a fantastical world where genitals can talk and teens are visited by hairy, horned “hormone monsters,” imaginatively challenging the ways people talk about puberty.
The show, which debuts on the streaming service later this month, features a roster of A-list actors and comedians who voice characters tackling everything you were afraid to ask about puberty and sex in middle school. Big Mouth reunites Oh, Hello‘s Kroll and John Mulaney as pubescent boys Nick and Andrew, and is loosely based on the misadventures Kroll shared with the show’s animator Andrew Goldberg (Family Guy) growing up, according to Deadline.
“Andrew and I have been best friends since first grade, so this show is over 30 years in the making,” Kroll told Deadline in June. “I can’t wait to tell all the stories that make up the glorious nightmare of puberty.”
In the first trailer, the duo navigates first kisses, DIY masturbation innovations, and the aforementioned hormone monster who stops by to distribute “nocturnal emissions.” Meanwhile, Jessi—the boys’ female counterpart played by Jessie Klein (SNL, Inside Amy Schumer)—wrestles with her first periods and a volatile relationship with her mom. It’s all pretty crude and messy, but then again, so is puberty.
Along with Kroll and Mulaney, a killer cadre of funny people pile on to get candid about the birds and the bees. Maya Rudolph is the bombastic female counterpoint to Kroll’s hormone monster, Jordan Peele plays the ghost of Duke Ellington, and Jason Mantzoukas, Jenny Slate, Fred Armisen, Kat Dennings, and Andrew Rannells portray Nick and Jessi’s friends, family, and frenemies. Kristen Wiig even pops in to voice Jessi’s surprisingly friendly and articulate genitals.
You can binge-watch the nightmare of puberty yourself when Big Mouth hits Netflix on September 29.
Posted by Renee on 01 September 2017 with 0 Comments
YouTube Red is headed to outer space with its latest comedy pickup.
The streaming service has ordered space adventure buddy comedy Dallas & Robo from animation studio and production company Shadowmachine. The eight-episode series, which will premiere on Red in 2018, is set to star wrestler-turned-actor John Cena as the warrior-poet Robo and 2 Broke Girls’ Kat Dennings as sassy space trucker Dallas. The duo navigate their way through cannibal bikers, rival space truckers and vending machine burritos as they try to make a few dollars through the seedy world of interplanetary big rigging.
The voice cast also includes Jane Lynch, Dana Snyder, Giancarlo Esposito, Clancy Brown, Bree Williamson, Nat Faxon, Taran Killam and Milana Vayntraub.
Shadowmachine, the animation studio and production company that previously produced Robot Chicken and currently produces BoJack Horseman, is producing Dallas & Robo, which was created by Mike Roberts, who has previously directed F Is for Family and BoJack Horseman.
Roberts is also serving as executive producer alongside Dallas & Robo writers Matt Mariska (Robot Chicken) and Andy Sipes (Archer) and Cena.
“With Kat Dennings and John Cena bringing these animated characters to life, I have no doubt viewers are going to have fun watching this imaginative, new outer space comedy from Shadowmachine,” said YouTube global head of original content Susanne Daniels.
Added Cena, “I’m thrilled to join Kat and the rest of this fantastic voice cast for Dallas & Robo. The writing for this series is flat-out funny and very creative, and I’m really looking forward to being a part of
such a unique, entertaining project.”
WWE will host Dallas & Robo on its YouTube channel, which has more than 17.4 million subscribers. Cena, a 16-time WWE champion, is among the top 100 most-viewed celebrities on YouTube this year.
Posted by Renee on 16 April 2017 with 0 Comments
Posted by Renee on 16 April 2017 with 0 Comments
Thirteen articles/interviews with Kat from 2008 have been added to the press archive! During this time, Kat promoted Charlie Bartlett & Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
- May 16 – IndieLondon: Charlie Bartlett – Kat Dennings interview
- June 30 – Vanity Fair: Who’s Up? Hollywood’s Next Wave
- September 24 – Philadelphia Magazine: Exit Interview: Kat Dennings
- October 01 – Stereogum: Michael & Kat’s Finite Playlists
- October 01 – Student Life: An interview with Michael Cera and Kat Dennings
- October 02 – Alligator: Michael Cera and Kat Dennings Q&A
- October 02 – Fresno Bee: On the fly with Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist’ co-star Kat Dennings
- October 03 – Badmouth: Interview: Michael Cera and Kat Dennings
- October 03 – Chicago Tribune: Live! Movies
- October 03 – Chicago Tribune: Mike and Kat’s infinite playlist
- October 05 – The Philadelphia Inquirer: From Bryn Mawr to Hollywood
- October 24 – Variety: 10 Actors to Watch
- October 30 – The Jewish Journal: ‘Nick and Norah’ star Kat Dennings is infinitely Jewish, in her own way